Generating sales leads from your blog while remaining authentic is not only possible, it’s mandatory!
But, during the editorial planning and brainstorming process, it’s easy to overlook the most effective sales-generating blog post ideas. Am I saying you should rehire Your Inner Sales Guy? Heck no! I’m encouraging you to add genuine, straight-up value that saves your prospects time, energy and agony.
Get back to basics.
1) Identify the #1 non-price-related question your prospects ask you? Really think this through. It may the question you dread the most. But if it’s #1 on their list, make it #1 on yours.
2) Write the question down in their words.
3) Write out your answer in your words.
4) Eliminate the words “we,” “our” and “us” from your answer.
5) Break your answer into 3-6 digestible paragraphs. Add subheads to each paragraph to keep your text easy to scan (hate to tell you…no one reads your posts from top to bottom).
6) Feature blog images that complement your post—not images you’d see in your marketing material.
7) Supply “More Information” or “Services” links nearby. Do NOT include these as part of your actual post. Simply make it easy for those who are ready to take the next step!
Seem too simple?
Well, that’s the point! Returning to the basics can drum up a slew of sales-generating content ideas—especially if your customers’ needs change over time (show me a business where that’s not the case!) Reduce their pain and you’ll gain their attention and trust quickly. It may be the most profitable blog post you write this year.